The occasional exploits of Brigadier 'Tubby' Bykleigh and the Rhanzlistan Field Force

Tuesday 8 October 2013

A Camel Caravan

I've just varnished some figures this afternoon, as the sun is shinning and I want to use this piece in a game next Monday with Phil.
















The camels and the 'Bhurpa' I got from Tiger Miniatures at the Derby Worlds show. The camels look as if they might be the Ebob ones to me, with all the baggage and paraphernalia added on of course. Having sprayed them white, after minimal cleaning up, I gave them a wash of Burnt Umber artists' ink and then dry brushed them with Foundry Rawhide shade. I quite like the overall look it gave them! The figure was not quite to my taste, but passes the 3' rule so it will do! I think it will see service both for the Rhanzlistan Field Force and any 'loyal' Bhurpas who need to move goods and possessions about. Look out for it first in next week's game ~ The Taxing of Ghi Mikha...

4 comments:

  1. Carry on, Follow That Camel up the Khyber :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dear! You don't get any better do you Old Friend?

      Delete
  2. Just found this blog from the Lead Adventure Forum and I'm glad I did. Some great work and some inspiration for my 'Setting the East Ablaze' project.

    Keep up the good work.

    Cheers

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Richard! A second game scheduled for Monday, so come back soon!

      Delete