The occasional exploits of Brigadier 'Tubby' Bykleigh and the Rhanzlistan Field Force

Saturday 15 November 2014

The Very Latest Technology

I've been trying to finish this piece for a while, but my putty pushing skills are far from the necessary standard, so eventually Phil found time to do the honours for me! The result is a vignette for the RFF, based on a photo I saw on the net when trawling for ideas one day. The very latest in modern technology, the mobile field radio makes it to Rhanzlistan at last ~




























The mules are from Tiger Miniatures; the two figures from Copplestone Castings; the base from Warbases and the tufts from Mutineer Miniatures for those who crave to know such things. The radio set and battery pack, as I said, were made by Phil. I hope you approve!
I'm currently working on an 18lb gun and crew from Woodbine, via Gripping Beast. The gun of course comes from Great War Miniatures, which I've painted before for my 1914 game, but the crew by Woodbine are a first for me and I'm pleasantly surprised by them, as I'd always thought the style a bit awkward in adverts. Just shows how wrong you can be, does n't it? If I have time later in the month I have a few Pulp Figures Gordon Highlanders to paint ~ I swapped the steel helmeted heads for Woodbine heads with Wolsley helmets to suit the rest of the RFF. Pop back later to see how they turned out!

3 comments:

  1. Turned out nicely I think. Reception may be a tad bad in the the foothills though, oh no that would be mobile phones of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not Rawnsley but Rhanzlistan you know!

      Delete
  2. Excellent vignette, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete