The occasional exploits of Brigadier 'Tubby' Bykleigh and the Rhanzlistan Field Force

Monday 26 February 2018

A little project for my convalescence ~

As you may know from my main blog I’m scheduled to have a hip replacement operation next month. I doubt I will be able, or wanting really, to sit at my painting desk for several weeks. I shall however be able to sit at the dinning table and so I’ve been looking about for small projects which might suit the location and can be tackled in short time slots. Terrain seems the obvious answer, but what exactly?
Well, on a visit with Sue to the local Garden Centre’s aquatic supplies area I found this model of an Indian/Arabian building ~

Now at close examination it’s obviously not 28mm scale, but I think it will pass muster as a palace or mosque on the table with some work. We shall see. It would also make a nice Gurdwara for Sikh Wars games I think, not that I’m planning any you understand. Price? £5.99, a snippet really. I’ll keep you posted as and when it’s finished.

4 comments:

  1. Splendid but how I wish it was 28 mm šŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be fine Matt. The arch is well over 30mm tall and other small appatures will pass for narrow slit windows. You’ll like it when it’s finished!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You know, I'd not even thought of that possibility.

      Delete